After the Government announcement on 25 May that gathering sizes under Covid-19 Level Two can increase to 100, Capital Football were quick to announce season start dates. The good news everyone had hoped for will allow community football to get underway, seniors and youth commencing 6 June with the juniors following a week later on 13 June.
HK Div 1 will play three complete rounds in a six team competition while Div 2 will play two full rounds in a nine team competition. Both divisions will have an end of season ‘Cup’ competition in a format yet to be determined if conditions allow (e.g. no. of cancellations).
Waikanae’s First team will compete in a 10 team Capital Two division with two full rounds. The season will extend to 27 September with at least one mid-week fixture necessary.
Our Ladies team, the Ladyhawks will complete two full rounds in an eight team competition starting 7 June and completing 6 September. Capital Football are still to decide on the Executive Plate format.
Updated regulations and senior first round draws will be published on 31 May with junior first round fixtures announced on 5 June.
Capital Football were meeting 26 May to further refine fee structures and advise the Clubs.
For the Juniors the season will look like this:
Mixed and Girls Only U9-U12
- Competitions will start on Saturday 13 June and finish Sunday 27 September.
- There will be a break over the middle weekend of the school holidays. Capital Football may look to arrange friendlies/festival day if required.
- Divisions will be based upon where teams were intended to start the season and will change subject to team entries.
- Final competitions structure will be confirmed by Liam Hyslop.
Fun Football Festivals U7-U8
- Depending on the government announcement and restrictions on gatherings, Capital Football will look to communicate best practice for clubs and provide some guidance on the approach for Fun Football (& First Kicks) as well as a plan around the Festivals.
An update on Level 2 requirements and will be released shortly including ground codes.
The Club is indebted to our President, Charlie Sturman, who as a member of the Mens Advisory Group has been instrumental in getting the season up and running for all in the region.
All the best to our members and supporters for the season ahead.