Community Football Postponed to May 30

Waikanae Football wishes everyone a relaxing and safe Easter under these challenging conditions. The committee continues to monitor the Covid-19 situation with regard to the impact on community football. Last week Capital Football communicated a range of options for a delayed start to the season. This week there was further communication from both NZ Football and Capital Football stating there would be no community football prior to May 30. At this point in time that is the only thing that is certain. The government will decide on April 20 whether it will continue or lift restrictions. It should be noted that, even at Level 3, community football would still not be possible. As soon as we know or have decided a path forward we will let you know. In the meantime you are encouraged to maintain your fitness levels through exercise and individual skills training. We can be grateful that the lockdown has contained the spread and allowed us the freedom to enjoy (within our bubbles) this wonderful region in which we live. Stay safe and enjoy the Easter break.