Waikanae Football Club are seeking an energetic and organised football enthusiast to be their Junior Convenor for 2020 and beyond. You will be responsible for co-ordinating our junior grades from First Kicks through to 14th Grade – usually about 10 Junior teams. This is a voluntary position within the Club.
You will have the support of our dedicated junior coaches and the club committee as you co-ordinate activities for the grades and liaise with external stakeholders such as Capital Football, Kapiti Coast District Council and other football clubs in the Wellington region.
Tasks will include:
- Planning and managing the pre-season registration of our junior players
- Understanding the football and club regulations so they can be communicated and explained to stakeholders where necessary
- Ensuring the registered players are given the opportunity to trial and be placed in appropriate teams
- Support our junior coaches by ensuring they have the equipment and facilities to run their teams
- Attend and report to the monthly committee meetings and assist with the running of the Club
- Arrange and coordinate the end of season activities such as stock-takes and junior prizegiving
So we’re looking for someone:
- with excellent communication skills
- that is good at building relationships with stakeholders
- that acts with honesty and integrity
As Junior Convenor you will also have a place on the Club Committee and a say in the future direction of the Club. If you’re interested in sports administration with the best community based club on the coast and wish to give something back to the local community – we’re keen to hear from you.
Please contact our Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January for more details.